Job Title: Solution Architect
Job Type: Full Time
Location: OPENLANE – AnADESA Company370 King Street West
Toronto, ON, Canada
OPENLANE, a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services (NYSE: KAR), is a profitable Internet-based B2B Auto Auction Company with customers such as Honda, Acura, Chrysler, Ford, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche, Subaru, BMW, Chase Auto Finance, US Bank, Avis Budget Group, Dollar Thrifty, as well as over 30,000 franchise and independent automotive dealers across the USA and Canada. As a rapidly growing Online Solutions provider, OPENLANE connects new and existing customers and suppliers to our core-remarketing platform. We are currently looking for a hands-on Solution Architect to grow with the company. We offer a dynamic, challenging, and fun atmosphere with a competitive salary and generous benefits.
This full time position has primary responsibility for the overall design of the application and mapping the business requirements to systems/technical requirements.
· Work with Business Analysts (BA) and Product Managers (PM) to design use case diagrams used to produce the WBS
· Lead application design workshop sessions involving developers, QA, BA/PM, identify, document and catalogue existing or similar patterns that can be shared, harvested, or leveraged
· Ensure compliance with security and governance policies for data inflight and at rest
· Co-team with the Solution Architecture Manager to produce development standards and guidelines
· Co-team with the other architecture team members to present each project global design
· Lead proof of concept projects to show case specific solution to our business stakeholders
· Participate in design, documentation and delivery efforts with the other architecture team members maintain the documents in order to keep them as current as possible
· Provide assistance to the development team in term of debugging, good practice, performance monitoring and tuning
· Prepare training materials and deliver the training to developers or BA on specific area of technical expertise
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in SOA technologies and comfortable in the dynamic and busy atmosphere. Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, and able to handle multiple priorities.
Additional preferred qualifications are:
· B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent preferred
· 8+ years OO development with multiple languages such as Java, C#/ C++, Perl, Python, Ruby and PHP
· Advanced experience with RDBMS, especially Oracle (RAC, AQ, PL/SQL, etc.)
· Advanced experience with Spring JTA, JDBC, ORM and MyBatis
· Advanced experience with SOA (SOAP, RESTful, etc.) and related data formatting (XML, JSON)
· Extensive knowledge of the Java language, its core libraries, and many 3rd party or open-source frameworks such as spring framework, hibernates etc.
· Working on multiple project types (B2B, B2C), and integrated e-commerce projects.
· Deep knowledge of SOA principles, message-oriented software patterns, design patterns, and enterprise integration architectures (Intergradation with cloud computation platform such as AWS)
· Advanced listening and patience skills
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Should be familiar with agile methodologies and practices
Nice to have:
· Real production exposure to high availability issues (such as clustering)
· Experience with message queue tools and concepts (JMS interface)
· Ability to negotiate trade-off between business features (quantity) and scalability of the solution