OAM System I&V Engineer
Company and Unit Description:
Region OAM R&D department is a subunit of Ericsson R&D for Region North East Asia, the team is located in Beijing and focuses on the development and maintenance of OAM customization product for the Region. There are multiple OAM software product lines to support 3G/4G Radio, EPC and Common Core networks, most of the products are now deployed in live sites and received very positive feedbacks from customers. With growing business requirements for new product development and product line maintenance, talents with experience in telecom software integration and testing are welcome to join the team.
Work with cross-functional team to ensure good quality of OAM software product by taking tasks of designing test strategy and test cases, test environment setup, functionality verification, system performance verification, test tool development, system integration and in depth troubleshooting.
• Build up knowledge of customer requirements and software product development
• Design and develop test strategy based on customer specification and product requirements
• Write test specification and develop test tools
• Setup and maintain system integration test environment, integrate OAM systems, software installation and configuration.
• Perform testing, debug node/system issues and verify compliance of interfaces and features
• Handle customer site support case
• Travel for certification and customer site activities on demand
• Contribute on team level continuous development
• BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or Telecom Engineering
• Above 2 years’ working experience in telecom software testing preferred areas like Node level OAM testing, EMS testing, NMS testing, etc. (Not applicable to fresh graduates)
• Familiarity with UNIX/LINUX OS, DB, CORBA and scripting
• Knowledge or experience of Agile Practice (SCRUM in particular)
• Good communication skills, result-oriented and self driven
• Fluency in oral and written English
• OAM knowledge in Network Elements for Radio and Core Network Node or NBI will be a plus